Quarry Springs Photography Contests
We have a occasional photography contests. We want photos of the park submitted by our visitors! We will use facebook posts with comments to pick our winners. Prizes will include local business coupons and Quarry Springs Park apparel such as hats and t-shirts! If you or your business would like to donate tax deductible prizes, please contact us.
Photos can be submitted by emailing photos in JPG format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your first & last name along with city of residence. Would love to share any titles or stories with the photos as well. Maybe you had to hike for hours around the park to spot that perfect photo of the osprey.
The photography contest serves multiple purposes:
* Promotion - Helps show others all areas of the park and hidden beauty
* Marketing - Have more photos to share on our social media sites and marketing materials such as flyers
* Fundraising - We plan to print, matte, and frame some of the best photos and sell them to raise money for the park
May - "Osprey"
June - "Fishing"
July - "Fun @ The Park"
August - "Flowers"
September - "Trees"
October - "Fall"
* Photos must have been taken at Quarry Springs Park located in Colfax, IA.
* Children ages 13 and under must have parents permission to submit photos.
* Maximum of 10 photo submissions per person, per month.
* Digital photos must be in JPG format. No RAW, PNG, etc.
* Entrants agree to your rights and conditions below.
Entry Terms & Conditions
You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit -- including ownership if applicable.
If you submit a photograph to enter the Photo Contest, you grant Colfax Park & Auxiliary Board a royalty-free, nonexclusive right during the Photo Contest to:
* Display the photograph on the Photo Contest submission website.
* Allow third-parties to share the photograph on the following social media platforms: Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest.
If your photograph is formally honored by the competition as a winner or an honorable mention, you grant Colfax Park & Auxiliary Board a royalty-free, nonexclusive right, in perpetuity, to:
* Use the photograph on the Internet and in Social Media in support of our mission.
* Use the photograph in Colfax Park & Auxiliary Board internal and external communications materials including but not limited to web sites and web publications, fact sheets, fund raising publications, advertising, multimedia, presentation and other output mediums.
* Provide your photograph to other individuals and organizations for use in news stories, newsletters, reports, slide shows, displays, web pages, videos, membership premiums, and the like.
* Use, in connection with the Photo Contest, your name, city and age in promotions and other publications.
* Retain a digital copy of your photograph that will be archived in the our photo library.
* The Colfax Park & Auxiliary Board will endeavor to credit all photographs with the caption "Person's Name" when the full name is available